Music Lane – Call for Artists!
Call for Artists
The North Dakota Music Hall of Fame and the 2017 Leadership Bismarck-Mandan Project Team, in partnership with the Mandan Community Beautification Committee, is seeking North Dakota work-for-hire artists to submit images for an art installation, “North Dakota Music Lane,” in Mandan’s Dykshoorn Park, near the bandshell. This project will permit an exclusive number of artists to feature their artwork in Dykshoorn Park. The overall theme for the art is “Celebrate North Dakota’s Musical Heritage: A Tribute to North Dakota Music Hall of Fame Inductees.” Artists should submit original artworks that pay homage to one of the following North Dakota Music Hall of Fame inductees:
- Lawrence Welk
- Bobby Vee
- Peggy Lee
- Lynn Anderson
Artwork Proposal Guidelines
- The artwork can be any type of visual representation of the musician’s life and works for which they are well-known, including but not limited to songs, instruments and genre.
- The art should be easily associated with the inductee and feature his/her face or figure, but can be abstract in nature. Color is preferred.
- Submissions must be original and can include paintings, sculpture, photography or any form of visual art which is able to be reproduced onto an art panel installation in two dimensions.
- Each artist may submit up to four designs per application, however, a maximum of two pieces may be selected for installation by any one artist.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older. Student artists may be considered with a written note from an adult.
- Please email high resolution photos or graphics in .pdf file format no lower than 150 dpi to email@example.com. The selected artworks will be reproduced on an aluminum substrate in high resolution. The final panels will be 4’ x 6’.
- Please submit a brief bio on the submitting artist and include a short statement about your entry.
- ND Music Hall of Fame will own all rights to any artworks selected for display.
- Selected artists will receive an honorarium of $500.
Artwork will be judged by the ND Music Lane Creative Committee and selected based on composition, originality and creativity.
The final deadline to submit an application/design for consideration is Friday, Sept. 1, 2017.